We believe that each student should develop skills of critical thinking and independent reasoning so they can be responsive to the needs of a changing society. We believe that the function of Pocola School is to guide and instruct the youth in their quest for knowledge, and to develop their capacity to assume more responsibility after they leave Pocola Schools.
- The purpose of the Student Council at Pocola School is to create higher ideas in citizenship, scholarship, and leadership. Pocola Student Council chapter consists of 14 students, sophomore-senior. We participate in several community service projects as well as school projects. This school year we sponsored create-a-meal at Thanksgiving, adopt-a-grandparent at Christmas, and visited our local nursing home. Each member corresponds with pen-pals from Pocola Elementary. Each year the chapter participates in "pennies for patients" - a fund raiser for Oklahoma people who have leukemia.
- Mrs. Nicole Baker is the sponsor. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Business Professionals of America
- The mission of this organization is to contribute to the preparation of a world-class workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills.
- This organization is responsible for the secondary schools yearbook.
- Sponsor: Mr. Mark Reichert(email@example.com)
•This group studies the great responsibility of running a household and a family. The group attends a competition and conferences each year to display the skills that they have learned through these studies.
- This group studies construction as a vocation. The group attends a competition each year to display the skills that they have learned through practice in the shop.
- Mr. Ron Killion is the sponsor. (firstname.lastname@example.org)